24/02/2013

€25?

I thought I'd share where I'm living with you all. I'm living in student halls (общежитие), as it only costs €25 a month, whereas renting a property in Odessa is pretty expensive considering. I'm sure you aren't expecting luxury, so, here goes....






Here's outside the building. I think грутожиток must be the equivalent of the Russian общежитие, so halls to all my non-cyrillic reading friends.

Soon after entering the building a lady (usually a Grandma) is there, to check you actually live there. Most of them get used to you after a while, apart from one really old lady who is always asking me if I live here, bless. In case they don't know you, you have a pass which you have to show them. Here's mine...


After gaining access, the challenge of walking up to the 7th floor begins. There is a lift, but it doesn't work, and even if it did I'm not sure I'd trust it. I always feel out of breath when I reach this point.


Here's what you've all been waiting for... my room



Also, I thought I'd show you the kitchen, as I feel without it I'd be paying a lot less than what I pay, as it's quality...



As you can see, it's all finished to a very high standard, clean, insect free and modern. Having such a lovely place to prepare food means I've never felt healthier. (Actually, I'm quite worried I'm going to end up with some kind of nutrition based problem, as I don't think I'm getting many nutrients from my Ukrainian pot noodles).

My mum's going to read this and worry, so I'm going to reassure her now by telling her I bought some bananas today even though I don't really like them.

So yes, I'd love to know what you all think about my new home!

1 comment: